Experts recommend using a smaller plate for your meals to encourage your brain to eat less Photo credit: Pixabay
- Eggs are one of the best and most convenient sources of protein and healthy fats
- Millennials are used to eating while watching Netflix
- Proteins are not linked to weight gain, prevent water retention, and help you feel full longer
New Delhi: Often times, weight watchers make a myriad of mistakes when trying to shed extra pounds. Be it eating the wrong foods or exercising irrationally, fitness enthusiasts end up making a mistake and ruining their weight loss goals. And one of the most common mistakes in this regard is counting calories. In this way, it can happen that you forego healthy foods that are high in calories and end up stressing the path to weight gain.
If you’re too busy counting calories and depriving your body of the nutrition it needs, take a look at these simple tips that can help you lose weight like a pro.
- Use a smaller plate: Experts recommend using a smaller plate for your meals to encourage your brain to eat less. If your plate is small, you can only eat a limited amount of food on your plate. And when it’s time to refill, your brain will indicate that you might be overeating. This whole process reduces the calories you eat and helps you feel full with less amount of food.
- Drink a glass of water before meals: One of the reasons we overeat when hungry is because the body is indicating that it needs food. However, drinking a glass of water before meals will help reduce hunger and therefore reduce caloric intake.
- Replacing breakfast cereals with eggs: Eggs are one of the best and most convenient sources of protein and healthy fats. Cooked, scrambled, or omelet, eggs can do wonders for your health and keep you feeling full longer. However, grains are a source of carbohydrates that lead to water retention and weight gain over time. Eggs, on the other hand, provide your body with protein and keep you full longer, reducing the calorie intake at lunch.
- Eat without distractions: Millennials are used to eating while watching Netflix. Little do they realize, however, how this habit leads to pointless eating, calorie overload, and weight gain. Hence, it is recommended that you put screens and any other distractions away while enjoying your meals to avoid gaining weight.
- Cut down on carbohydrates and replace them with protein: Carbohydrates raise blood sugar levels, lead to water retention and do not relieve hunger. Proteins, on the other hand, are not associated with weight gain, prevent water retention and contribute to a longer feeling of satiety. Therefore, it is advisable to replace pasta and breads with vegetables, fish, eggs, grilled chicken and lean meat.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or changing your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and other updates on Times Now