The main side effect of poor diet when exercising is weight gain | Image credit: Pexels
- Eating a banana before hitting the gym can boost energy levels and ultimate performance
- Nutritional deficiencies can make your body weak and prone to inflammation
- Unhealthy foods not only affect your exercise efforts, but also your desire to work up a sweat
New Delhi: Weight loss, physical strength, diet or other factors – being fit and in shape is a priority for everyone these days. From hours in the gym a day to diet fads, millennials try everything. However, some continue to believe that fitness is all about working up a sweat for hours and then eating whatever you want and what you like. Turns out to be one of the biggest fitness myths.
Ironically, diet is critical to wellbeing and could reverse exercise efforts altogether. Although this effect is not immediately noticeable, it begins to show up over time.
Check out 5 Ways Eating Poor Diet Can Destroy Exercise Effort.
- You will not be able to lose weight: The main side effect of poor diet when exercising is weight gain. While you can spend hours in the gym trying to lose weight, you can’t skip the pizzas and donuts or make them too often as opposed to cheat meals once a week, this can negatively impact weight loss efforts and over time, too Obesity.
- You won’t feel energetic while exercising: The right foods can boost your exercise, and the wrong foods can make you lethargic and thereby interfere with your exercise efforts. Eating a banana before going to the gym can increase energy levels and ultimate performance. However, grabbing a bagel or burger can have negative effects. So, before training, say no to unhealthy foods rich in saturated fats and sugary foods.
- You may not be able to tone your body: Sugar, vegetable oils, red meat, and other unhealthy foods can prevent you from toning your body. On the one hand, exercises could be aimed specifically at the calves, thighs, stomach or arms. However, improper diet could store unwanted body parts and prevent you from gaining a toned figure.
- You Might Be More Prone To Injury: Surprisingly, nutritional deficiencies can make your body weak, prone to inflammation, and ultimately an increased risk of injury during exercise. For example, avoiding unhealthy fats like those in nuts, olive oil, and fish, like those in fried foods, can not only increase caloric intake, but it can also detract from the results of your efforts.
- Maybe you don’t feel like exercising: Unhealthy foods not only affect your exercise efforts, but also your desire to work up a sweat. Junk food can often make you lethargic and prevent you from going to the gym to lose weight. This can lead to weight gain, obesity, and other chronic conditions in the long run.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or changing your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and other updates on Times Now